Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Everything's changing.

It's started to sink in this week how much everything around me is changing. I'm one of those annoying people who doesn't like change that much - I get set in ruts way too much, and I guess now that everything is changing, this is going to put me in situations that I might not like, but hey, I'll be learning something and I should be grateful for that.

For those of you who don't know (if anyone even reads my blog, that is) I'm starting university and it's now  10 days (if I'm counting right) until I leave, and I'm starting to freak out a little. I'm worried about not seeing my friends. My closest girl friend is leaving for her university this weekend and I'm going to miss her so much! Luckily, we're only going to be about an hour or so away from each other by train, but she's helped me through so much and I'm always there for her. I think it's going to take a fair bit of adjusting to not having her around. We've been friends since we were about 5.

My boyfriend is moving to the same city with me, so I'm pretty lucky that I have him as a constant in my life, when everything else is changing.
While we're moving away, we're leaving our church behind. I love my church. The people there are like a family to me and settling into a new church away from there is going to be really tough. On Sunday, one of the people there told me they really want me to lead a church service again, and that I have a "sunny disposition". Made me smile.

Yesterday was my last day at my job. I've been there since just before my 17th birthday, so almost 4 years. Handing back my keys was tough, I thought I was going to just burst into tears!

But perhaps moving away is going to be a good thing. I'm hoping it'll help me to rely more on God, as I won't have my other "constants" to rely on anymore. I'll have to completely put my trust in him, something that can sometimes be a little difficult.
I'm also going to be studying photography and hopefully I'll make it somewhere in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment