Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

Tangled up.

Yesterday I was listening to music using my headphones - otherwise my mum gets annoyed cause she can hear my music, and she's usually trying to listen to the radio. Parents, eh? But this isn't a rant about parents. It's a rant about headphones.
I bought some new headphones a couple of weeks ago, cause ever since one of the ear pieces on my Apple one fell in my couple of tea... it hadn't quite worked the same since. I still have no idea how it ended up in my tea, but that's life really. So, my new ones are blue, to match my iPod, and they're very nice and headphoney.
But this is the problem. Whenever I take out my headphones, even if the wires were straight when I took them out, and I put them down on the table... when I come back to pick them up, they are always tangled. Always! How is this even possible? Do headphones feel the need to make life more difficult by tangling themselves, so you have to spend ages working out how the undo all the knots that have appeared by themselves.
Yes, I realise there are more important things that should be worried about, but headphones knots are sweeping the nation, without their users even realising it's happening.
I'm sat here, as I type (hey, I can type without looking and the keys or the screen) looking at my headphones, waiting for them to move or tangle themselves, just to provide some frustration. They're not doing anything, but I know as soon as my back is turned and I come back to them - BAM - there'll be knots.
Perhaps there's some sort of headphone science that hasn't been discovered yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment