Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Golden Hour, I love you too much.

Yesterday, I must have spent so much of my day hoping for Golden Hour. I was craving to sit in that light and take photos that would hopefully be stunning.
When I saw that the light was turning golden, wow, it made me instantly happy. Grabbing my camera and tripod, I rushed straight to a patch of light that was coming into the house.

...and that's when the frustration kicked in.
However much I tried, I could not get the photos that I had got worked out in my head. I was using myself as a model, and had been planning this idea all day. The more I tried, the more frustrated I got, and the more I just wanted to give up.
Wanting this golden light so much all day, and then when it turned up I was happy. Trying to use it though, to make these photos I had thought up - well, it just made me feel more and more disappointed in myself.

I was trying to tap into my emotions, my thoughts, my hopes, my fears.
Yet I could not get these photos to look the way I wanted. Then I tried something completely different. Something spontaneous.

And those photos, I loved them.

Perhaps next time, setting my mind on something so much, might not be a good idea.

_____

Also yesterday, it was mine and my boyfriend's 2 year and 8 month "marker" (I would say anniversary, but I don't think I'd count it as that :P).
I feel so lucky and grateful to have him in my life.
Can't believe that in 4 months time, it'll be 3 years. Just wow.
I love him so much.

...enough of me being mushy.

Have an amazing day today (if anyone is actually reading this! :) )
Alice
x

No comments:

Post a Comment