Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Happiness is...

I'm feeling happy this morning, and I was feeling happy yesterday too.
So, I was thinking.
Really - what is happiness?

Is there a set thing that can make every single person on Earth happy?
Perhaps.
But I doubt it.
I was wondering.
Are most people even happy?
Do most people set their happiness on Earthly things?
Things that fade?
Things that can be taken away?
I know I do.
And I know that if anything changes in a way I don't want it to,
Well,
It causes sadness.

Is happiness just a short term state?
Is true joy what we should be aiming for?
Is that long term?

There go my I've-just-got-up-and-am-eating-granola ramblings for this morning.
Perhaps I should stop thinking about being happy.
And just enjoy the feeling of actually being happy.
Maybe that's a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment